A great appetizer or snack for kids and adults! Easy to make, hassle free and fun. Very tasty with pesto or hummus as dipping sauce. Use mild or hot salami slices, and sprinkle on some finely chopped fresh basil instead of dried mixed herbs. These are easily burnt, so keep a close eye.
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 4 slices mild salami, cut into quarters
- 16 stuffed green olives, cut into thirds
- dried herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Take out the metal oven rack, and line with baking paper.
- Slightly thaw the puff pastry, cut into 16 squares.
- Place puff pastry squares onto the oven rack.
- Spread tomato paste with a butter knife onto the squares.
- Place one of the salami quarters onto every square.
- Add three olive thirds onto every square.
- Sprinkle grated cheese onto squares.
- (optional) Also sprinkle dried herbs.
- Place oven rack back into the oven, bake for 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry in cooked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.