photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- Saute potato and onion slices in olive oil in skillet until onions appear transparent. Drain well.
- In crockpot, combine potatoes, onions, cheese, pepperoni and salt.
- Pour pizza sauce over top.
- Cover, cook on low 6-10 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- I usually let mine cook about 8 hours.
- You can also add any of your fave pizza toppings to these. I'd just suggest that you saute them with the potatoes and onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Everybody loved this recipe! We had it as a main dish with steamed broccoli on the side. I used the pepperoni and (as per step #6), I added some mushrooms and Healthy Choice smoked turkey sausage. Deeeeelicious! Besides for just us, I can see me making this for lots of potlucks/picnics. Thanx for sharing.
I made this for the second 2006 Pick A Chef Contest. This was very good. Although I have a 6 quart crock pot so next time I will need to double it so that it cooks better in the size that I have. The only thing that I would change is once you get everything in the crockpot I would take a giant wooden spoon and stir!!! Get all of that sauce and other spices all mixed up in the potatoes!! The bottom potatoes were a little bland and I think a good stir would cure that problem for sure. Other than that there is no need to change this wonderful recipe!!! Awesome job!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm from a small town in southern West Virginia. I've been married for just over 11 years. It's just me and Chad at home. Chad is slowly recovering from necrotizing pancreatitis so I've had to take over the cooking. Chad is on a feeding tube and is very limited on what food he can eat, for now. For now, I use this site mostly for quick and inexpensive meals for one...until Chad can rejoin me at the dinner table.</p>