Pizza Breadstick Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups three-cheese pasta sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can pillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Stir in pepperoni and pasta sauce. Cook until boiling, stirring frequently, and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, combine melted butter and garlic powder. Unroll the breadstick dough, and brush butter mixture over the top. Separate dough into 10 breadsticks, and cut each breadstick into three crosswrise pieces.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into baking dish and spread dough pieces, garlic side up, evenly over hot ground beef mixture (make sure ground beef is piping hot to ensure that the underside of the breadsticks cook completely). Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if you wish.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and no longer doughy.
- Sprinke with colby-monterery jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a journalism and French major at the University of Georgia who discovered the joy of cooking a couple of years ago. I spend my summer vacations making dinner almost every night for my family, which includes my two younger sisters (11 and 14), and leap at the opportunity to cook every time I go home for a weekend visit...unfortunately, cooking in the dorms is more trouble than it's worth! <br /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com" /><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> <br /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /> <br /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /></a></p>