Pita Stuffed With Eggs
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pita breads
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Combine the eggs, tomato, scallions, feta, oregano, salt, and pepper and pour into the skillet.
- Cook as you would scrambled eggs, until set.
- Cut pockets in the pita breads with a serrated knife.
- Fill the breads with the egg mixture. If the pitas are large, you might want to cut them in half before filling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a writer, chief cook and bottle washer, GS leader, hunter of bargains and all-around domestic goddess. I love trying new recipes, and my daughters refer to Alton Brown as "Mom's boyfriend." I read voraciously, to the detriment of the hypothetical cleanliness of my house. I think white chocolate should be illegal, since it's not chocolate. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">