All summer I made pesto with recipes from various sources, freezing them in 1/2 cup portions. When guests come by I cut up a baguette and set out a few. This one goes first, never a bit left. From Provencal Light by Martha Rose Shulman.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place basil and salt in a food processor and turn it on.
- Drop in garlic and chop fine.
- Turn processor off and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Turn processor on and drop in tomato and olive oil.
- Purée until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl and stir in cheese and pepper.
- Serve with baguette, crostini, or stir into soup.
- freezes well.