Pistachio Rice Pudding
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan, combine milk, condensed milk & rice & bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer & cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom, vanilla & 2/3 of the apricots, & cook until rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in zest & cream, if using it.
- Garnish with pistachios & the remaining apricots, & serve warm or cold.
- If serving cold, press parchment/baking paper directly onto surface of pudding to prevent a skin from forming, & chill at least 3-4 hours (or overnight if desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I can't believe this isn't a "baked custard with eggs" rice pudding. Very creamy and I love the cardamom! The apricots and pistachios make this a very elegant dessert out of something so basic. Would be good with dried cranberries or cherries, also. The only change I made was to sub half-and-half for the condensed milk, and add 1/2 cup of Splenda. Made for Fall 2008 PAC