photo by Kiwi Kathy
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup pipis, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour, approximately
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk, as required to reach desired consistency
- lime, wedges for squeezing over fritters when cooked
- olive oil or similar good quality oil
- Put first 6 ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add the milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Add heaped tablespoon lots into frying pan and fry until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Finger licked good.
- NB: You could use any similar shellfish but the beach we camped at only had pipis.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Based in Whangarei NZ. My favourite recipe book is by a two NZers, Alison and Simon Holst Meals without Meat. This book is my all time stand by for healthy inexpensive meals. I wouldn't be without it. I love cooking and look forward to preparing meals each evening.