Pinto Bean and Couscous Tostadas
- Ready In:
- In a medium saucepan, combine beans, broth, water, carrot, and crushed red pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and couscous. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve bean-couscous mixture on tostada shells and top with cheese.
- If desired, serve with sour cream, lettuce, and/ or additional salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i've been a pesco vegetrian for over 10 years. i love to travel and try new things. my husband and i both enjoy cooking as do our families. his family is actually quite intimidating when it comes to cooking. i found this out the first Thanksgiving i spent with them when his mother pulled out the wheat to grind to make the biscuits! we are expecting our first child due in january '09.