A recipe from Rachael Ray. Something that looks great for a hot summer day. The cooking time is the time it has to be in the fridge.
- Ready In:
- 72hrs 10mins
- 2 cups vodka, chilled
- 1 1⁄2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 sugar cubes
- In a large bowl, stir together the vodka, two-thirds of the sliced strawberries and the granulated sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until the vodka turns pink, about 6 hours. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Strain the vodka and divide among 6 tall glasses. Add a splash of limoncello to each glass and top off with the sparkling wine. Drop in a sugar cube and garnish with the remaining strawberry slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I reduced this to just 1 serving (which was 2 for us). I had regular white wine but I figured I would mix it with some ginger ale for the 'sparkling'. I made as directed (forgetting the ale), and photographed it. We tasted it and WOW was it strong! Well Duh-me! So I added the ginger ale and Wah-la! success! Still a bit on the strong side, but very tasty. I also had no sugar cube, but we felt that it was for presentation, so I just added a tad of sugar at the bottom of the glass. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)Reply