Pineapple Teriyaki Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Chickpeas marinated in a pineapple teriyaki sauce then roasted in the oven to crispy deliciousness
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 45mins
- 1⁄4 cup fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Add drained, rinsed and patted dry beans and cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for eight hours or overnight. You can also put the marinade and beans in a jar with a lid. Gently shake or stir the beans every few hours.
- Remove marinated chickpeas/garbanzo beans and drain. Poor drained peas onto a paper towel lined baking sheet and pat dry. Leave them out to air dry for about an hour. The dryer the chickpeas are the better.
- Leave them out to air dry for about an hour; the dryer the chickpeas are the better.
- Spray another baking sheet with nonstick spray then line with parchment paper. Bake in a 400° oven for 40 to 60 minutes, or until desired crispiness is obtained. Shake the pan every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely because the chickpeas finish crisping up as they cool. Place in a serving bowl and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION