Pineapple Poke Cake
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- Preheat over to 350°. Spray a fluted tube cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix and 3 tablespoons of the dry instant pudding.
- Add pineapple juice, butter, and eggs; beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan.
- Make Icing by combining sour cream and the remaining dry instant pudding; beat with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan; place on plate.
- Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake top. Slowly pour pineapple soda over holes (using more or less as desired).
- Spread icing over cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!