photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- In a heavy saucepan mix together the pineapple, undrained and the sugar and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature while oven is preheating to 425°F and prepare the pie crust in a 9-inch pan.
- Put the cooled filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover with top crust, seal the edges and cut a couple vents in the top crust.
- Place in oven.
- Bake at 425°F for 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Our neighborhood store/deli/bakery closed this year due to the downturn in the economy. They made pineapple pies, so we had to find a recipe. We chose yours and a few people said it was even better than the store's. So easy to make and absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing Grandpa and Grandma. We will be making it again for Thanksgiving!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently married and my bride and I both love to cook and to eat. We are both retired and we live on a rural road near a small town the Southern Tier of New York State. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">