Pineapple 'n' Cream Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (15 -20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained, reserve juice (or substitute 1 can of sliced peaches)
cream cheese layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Combine crust ingredients in large mixer bowl. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed and pour into prepared pan.
- Place drained pineapple over batter.
- Combine ingredients for cream cheese layer in small mixer bowl. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed and spoon to within 1 inch of edge of batter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until crust is golden brown. Filling with be soft.
- Let cool some before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Join The Conversation
Wow!!!! This was truely a winner. Everyone at my Bible Study loved it. I used pineapple and instant vanilla pudding since that is what I had on hand. The only thing I would do next time is reduce the sugar and possibly use sugar free pudding mix. It was on the edge of being just too sweet and I think it would be even better with less sugar. The sweetness takes away from the pineapple flavor and cream cheese. I will be making this often since it is soo easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.
KEEPER! I used pineapple tidbits instead of chunks and preferred that to one I made with canned peaches. Oh yeah, I used instant pudding the second time I made it (I had no regular pudding on hand) and it worked well, but might have been just a tad doughy. This was delicious. And so easy to make. I would recommend it to anyone.