Pineapple Lime Sorbet
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (or 1/2 a cup of sugar and 1 cup of Splenda)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Malibu rum
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple (optional)
- Combine sugar, 1 cup water, and 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice in a food processor and whiz for a min or 2 or until the sugar is dissolved
- Stir in remaining 1 cup water, lime juice, pineapple juice, cream, extract and rind.
- Place the mixture in a lidded container and chill well.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer and freeze as per the makers instructions, adding fresh pineapple during the last 5/10 minutes if using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!