Pineapple Grilled Pork Chops
Received this in an email, sounds so good! Posting for safe keeping and to share with everyone! *marinating overnight not included in prep/cook time.*
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, juice drained and reserved
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pork chops
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Mix together the drained pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder together in a large plastic zipper bag, and smush the bag a few times with your hands to mix the marinade and dissolve the sugar.
- Place the pork chops into the marinade, squeeze out any air in the bag, seal it, and refrigerate overnight. Reserve the pineapple rings.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, shaking off excess, and grill until browned, the meat is no longer pink inside, and the meat shows good grill marks, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Brush several times with marinade and let the marinade cook onto the surface of the meat. Discard excess marinade.
- While the meat is grilling, place 4 pineapple rings onto the grill, and allow to cook until hot and the slices show grill marks; serve the chops topped with the grilled pineapple rings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful chops!!! I made this in a scaled back version, using one good sized pork steak and then made 1/2 of the marinade. Since is was just me, I didn't want to waste a whole can of pineapple and just used a portion of a small can of pineapple juice. Other then not using the actual pineapple, the only change I made was to decrease the sugar in half, as I am not a fan of really sweet teriyaki sauce. This was very flavorful and so quick to get together!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Photo Tag Game.Reply
Cut this back for the 2 of us, but otherwise followed the recipe & the resulting chops were absolutely delicious, & the grilling was a wonderful way to bring in the first day of Spring, which, by the way, was sunny & warm! Will be keeping this recipe to make for company one of these days! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]Reply
see 1 more