- Ready In:
- Mix eggs, sugar, drained pineapple, and butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture.
- Add walnuts and vanilla.
- Line a 8x8 square pan bottom with graham crackers.
- Covering bottom completely.
- Some breaking of the crackers may be required.
- Spread pineapple mixture over the crackers.
- Top with another layer of crackers, again covering filling completely.
- Prepare jello per instructions.
- When jello is nearly congealed, whip it until fluffy and pour over crackers.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is very similar to a family recipe for "Rapelje Dessert" (probably named after Rapelje, Montana). My great-grandmother's notebook attributes it to a Mrs. Dunn. It has 1/2 c. butter creamed with 1 c. sugar, then twoo beaten egg yolks added. The Jell-O she lists is 1 package lemon plus one package of either strawberry or raspberry.