Pineapple Curry With Cashew Nuts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the FOOD column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine's issue dated June 17th'2004. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups ripe pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 3⁄4 stalk lemongrass, chopped into 2 inch pieces, lengthwise
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 -5 red chilies, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped and fried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Toss in onions and fry until golden.
- Add curry leaves and lemon grass and continue to saute until the onions are brownish in colour.
- Fold in all the remaining ingredients except cashewnuts.
- Cook on low heat for 12 minutes.
- Add half the fried cashewnuts and mix well.
- Garnish with the remaining cashewnuts and curry leaves.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION