Pineapple Cheesecake Squares
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 25mins
For the Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup toasted and finely chopped almonds (food processor)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
For the Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese or (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained (reserve 1 cup of juice from can)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat whipping cream
For the crust:
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix all crust ingredients with a fork and press into 9x13" pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until set.
For The Filling:
- In a bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in 1/2 cup sugar and the eggs.
- Stir in 2/3 pineapple juice.
- Pour over hot crust and bake about 20 minutes or until middle is set.
- Cool completely.
- In a saucepan mix flour and 1/4 cup sugar,stir in the reserved pineapple juice.
- Heat to a boil over medium heat, stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and fold in pineapple.
- Cool Completely.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until stiff.
- Fold in the cooled pineapple mixture.
- Spread carefully over top of cream cheese and crust.
- cover and chill for 4 hours.
- cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Amy and I live in CT. I love to cook and try new recipes. My kitchen is my favorite room in my house and where I spend most of my time! Both my parents were always cooking, mom baked and dad did everything except baking. Some of my recipes come from my grandmother, Nell, but have been updated. The rest fly out of my head in the middle of the night...or are things I have seen in magazines, cookbooks and on TV twisted around to my liking. I find it hard to follow a recipe, but I am trying to do that without changing them all the time.