Pineapple Carrot Cookies
These cookies are healthy and very delicious. Everytime I make them everybody always asks me for the recipe.They definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. Just writing about them makes me want to make them.I found the recipe from a Dole cookbook. The original recipe had raisins and I omitted them because we do not like raisins.
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (can mix with Splenda)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- beat in egg and vanilla.
- beat in drained pineapple, carrots and pecans.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingred.
- beat into pineapple mixture until blended.
- drop heaping tablespoons of batter 2 in apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- leave on cookie rack for 2 minutes and then place on cool surface.
- They are great with milk.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
These were really good, perfect for that Summer going into Fall time of year. I also added about a cup of shredded coconut but had to bake about 22 mins because they didn't spread and I like my cookies lightly browned. I also used parchment paper so there was no added oil on the baking sheet and the bottoms were perfect. After the first batch I flattened the dough with a fork and they were more to my liking, a little thinner and crisper. Next time I think I'll spice them up a bit with nutmeg, more cinnamon, and a little ginger. But as is, they were still yummy!
These were so awesome. I agree with a previous reviewer, they were just like carrot cake cookies. I halved the recipe (used Tbls and a half of beaten egg) and added some coconut. These were sooo soft and delicious. I served with caramel ice cream and drizzled with caramel sauce, with rave reviews. These will definitely be made again!