Pineapple Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dark flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup strong flour
- 1⁄3 cup light muscovado sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 850 ml crushed pineapple in juice (490 g net weight)
- 80 g walnuts, chopped
- 115 g butter, softened
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add in the eggs, pineapple along with its juice, and walnuts. Stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a 23 x 33 cm baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile make frosting: combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth and shiny.
- Frost cake using all the frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!