Pineapple and Sesame Tofu
- Ready In:
- 285 g firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed (mange tout)
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- In a large bowl mix the soy, sesame seeds honey and sesame oil. Toss the tofu and leave to marinate for as long as desired.
- As a general rule new tofu eaters a minimum of 30 minutes up to overnight, for those used to tofu 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the veg oil and when hot add the drained tofu. Stir fry for 5 minutes until crispy on the outside, remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for two minutes. Return the tofu to the pan along with any leftover marinade and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Under construction... How I rate... 5 stars - perfect, will make again without any changes. 4 stars - Liked it, will make again again but with changes. 3 stars - had to make major changes but got it to work. 2 stars - had to make major changes and it didn't work. 1 star - went terribly, a waste of time and ingredients, I cried, BF cried the cats cried you get the picture...