Pineapple and Pinot Grigio Wine Jam
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
3 1/2 pints
- 1 pineapple, approx. 3-cups chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups pinot grigio wine
- In a heavy pot, mix together the chopped pineapple, the grated lemon peel, the lemon juice (2 tbsp), and the wine.
- Let set overnight.
- The next day put pot on a medium flame and bring to a mild boil.
- Add the sugar and bring back to a boil.
- Continue to boil for about an hour or until the jelly-stage is reached.
- If desired, use a potato masher to break-up the larger pineapple pieces.
- Ladle into jars, seal and water bath process for 10-mins.
- When processed, invert the jars to cool for an hour, then upright them. This prevents all pineapple chunks from floating to the top of the jar.
- This yields 3 half-pints with a little left over for the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>