Pineapple and Black Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion (white and green parts)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, seeds and inner membrane discarded (jalapeno pepper is optional)
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Mix again before serving, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very pretty salad but a little lacking in flavor, not sure why. It is better the first day; after that the pineapple seems to lose its zing. The directions don't say whether to drain the pineapple or not; I partially drained it. Do use the jalapeno pepper. I liked the salad; "HE" didn't. Thanks for posting . . . . . Janet