Pineapple Almond Cheese Spread
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (packed in juice, but drained)
- 1 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped (or your choice of color)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced (or chives)
- seasoning, of your choice garlic powder, etc
- celery ribs or assorted cracker
- Beat together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and soy sauce until smooth. Stir in pineapple, almonds, bell pepper and green onion or chives.
- Use to stuff celery stalks or heap in a bowl surrounded by assorted crackers, with a knife for spreading. Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this pretty much as given in the recipe, but did use 1/3 cup each of green pepper and red pepper, which meant I used a bit more bell pepper than called for in the recipe! It still made for a wonderful tasting cheese spread, one that I'd be happy to make again, for sure! [Made and reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday]