Pillow-Soft Dinner Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 deg to 115 deg F)
- 2 cups warm milk (110 deg to 115 deg F)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, salt & 3 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth & elastic, about 6-8 minutes (dough will be sticky).
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover & let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover & let rises until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Join The Conversation
These are so AMAZING!!!! Cannot give them enough stars, pillow soft is a perfect name for them, and mixing the dough in my Bread Machine and then shaping by hand made it a breeze, I only did two small changes, cut the recipe in half as there are only 2 of us and brushed with an egg wash before baking for a pretty glazed top. Pretty to look at and a soft, buttery center, made me look like a baking star