Pierogies With Mushrooms
photo by insoyum
- Ready In:
- Boil the pierogies in salted water, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet and place over medium heat.
- Cook the onion for a couple minutes, then add the garlic (so it doesn't burn). Stir and let cook for 1 more minute.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking the mixture until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and pierogies (drained).
- Flip over the pierogies so they brown on both sides, then add the mushrooms back into the pan.
- Stir to combine everything, adjust the seasonings as needed, and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm. Can be served with sour cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!