- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon original Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces okra, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) box mrs. t's potato and cheddar mini pierogies or (17 ounce) box mrs. t's potato and cheddar pierogies
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove to bowl.
- Add oil to drippings remaining in skillet; cover over medium heat. Add celery, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic; cook until just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, salt, and Tabasco sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in okra; simmer 5 minutes longer or until okra is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake pierogies as box directed, 16 to 18 minutes. Stir in pierogies into sausage mixture. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Makes 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I am a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. I am a partner, a grown woman. I am confident & scared, terrified & excited. I am loving & caring, & thoughtful & hopeful. I am sick & tired. I am shy & friendly, & careful & careless. I am broken & whole. I am misunderstood, misguided, & mislead. I am hard-working & determined, but a little scared on the inside. I wish on stars & dream my dreams. I pray to God & cry my tears. I smile on the outside while I'm dying on the inside. I listen to others who won't listen to me. I walk on eggshells, & I walk on fire. I am everything & nothing all at once.. & all I want is for you to love me. i would like to meet a guy that would sneek up behind me and grab me by the waist. someone that will hold me tight when im having a bad day and say that everything is going to be ok. KISSES ON THE FORHEAD ARE WONDERFUL. a guy that will protect me but not treat me like i am fragile. i want a guy that would rather just lay there and cuddle with me and look into my eyes. a guy that knows how to understand all my little quirks. which there are many i want him to talk to me like lovers do. i want him to sleep in with me. and stay up late with me. i want him to keep me safe while watching a scary movie. a guy that would run away with me just to spend time with me. i want him to get me mad at him then kiss me. i want him to kiss me in the rain. i just want him to kiss me. kissing is wonderful. but the funny thing is...i think ive already met this guy. I LOVE YOU JOHN At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that it's happy right now. See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while, people may even take your breath away baby, just look at us all this time and we're still in love something like this just don't exist between a backwoods boy and a fairytale princess people said it would never work out but living our dreams, we shattered all doubts it feels good to prove 'em wrong just livin' our love song