Pico de gallo shrimp salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a really tasty, low-fat salad recipe that I found in the Chicago Sun-Times, originally from the Miraval Spa in Arizona. Prep time includes the 30 minute chill time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chile
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- butter lettuce (optional)
- 6 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 small limes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine shrimp, tomato, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro and refrigerate while dressing is prepared.
- For dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir dressing into shrimp mixture; refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- I serve this in bowls lined with butter lettuce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad was very good. My husband and I were both really impressed with the flavor, and the fact that medium sized shrimp were used instead of the tiny canned ones found in most shrimp salads. We did however feel that there was a bit too much dressing for our tastes. When I make this again, I will probably use about half the amounts of sour cream and cream cheese called for, as well as cut back on the lime juice. Other than those two personal preferences, I thought this was a wonderfully flavorful low-fat salad.1Reply