MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is delicious. Does not stay in my house long. And not FATTENING!!!! Preparation time is a rough guess....
- Ready In:
- 10 small squash, sliced thinly
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 4 green bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- In a large pot, layer squash, onions, and bell peppers and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with ice and water and let sit for one hour.
- Pour off water.
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, and celery seeds and bring to a boil.
- Pour over squash and bring back to a boil for one minute.
- Pack in sterilized jars and seal while hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION