- Ready In:
20 per qt
- 60 or more jalapenos get a gallon of vinegar (white) mix half and half with water put peppers in canning jars.
- add vinegar and water mix and fill to 1 half inch below top of jar.
- add 1 tbls salt.
- leave lid off and put in microwave for 5 minutes.
- remove and screw on lid and band.
- they will seal and its fast and easy peppers are crisp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I use this recipe as a base to make pickled "refrigerator" jalapenos...I don't do the microwave part cuz I just don't think it's a safe way to do "canning." However, stored in the fridge, these jalapenos are perfectly safe to keep for a long time. I remove most of the seeds to reduce the heat, and add sliced garlic, a few sprinkles of oregano, and a little artificial sweetener to each jar (I don't use sugar), along with the pickling salt. Really tasty. I've given some of these away and everyone seems to love them. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
we live in the country here I am 42 wife is 54 we have 11 acres, love dogs and cats, have 7 goats and 1 arrabian horse. I love to hunt and fish and drink beer hahaha.. I work at Russell Stovers candy factory in the kitchen. If I had a month off??? Huh go to colorado and drive mountain passes (I love them) and fish and bbcue thats about all!!! also I raise a huge garden every year!!