- Ready In:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- Place peeled eggs in a container; pour beets and pickling juice over them.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- NOTE: I tie the pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth. Otherwise, the spices stick to the eggs and beets. Just keep the ball of spices in with the eggs and beets -- do not discard it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me with my oldest grandson, DJ and was taken this past summer when we went on a cruise and land tour of Alaska. I am retired after working for the same company for 25 years. My husband is a retired military officer. After the military he started working for Lockheed and is now retired from there as well. We live in San Jose, CA and have lived in the same house for over 33 years. We have two grown children and 6 beautiful grandchildren. I love to try new recipes and jazz up old ones. Taste of Home and Southern Living are my favorite recipe magazines(I enjoy reading a little bit about the people who submit the recipes). Recipe Zaar is just an incredible site. I've made many new friends since joining. I have tons of cookbooks -- but now when I need a new recipe that I know I can count on, I come here! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg">