Piccadilly's Sweet Carrot Souffle
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A wonderful way to get kids to eat carrots! This recipe is a "clone" of the famous Picadilly's Cafeteria side. I think you will find it scrumptious and easy to make...
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 3 lbs peeled carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb margarine, 2 sticks
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- salt (optional) or pepper (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Use a 9x13-inch pan.
- For the topping, combine the crushed corn flakes, nuts, brown sugar, and butter. Set aside.
- Boil carrots in salted water until soft. Drain well mash with potato masher or food mill.
- In a bowl, while carrots are warm, add sugar, vanilla and baking powder.
- Whip with electric mixer or food processor until smooth.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add eggs to mixture one at a time, blending well.
- Add softened margarine to mixture and blend well.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish about half full as the soufflé will rise.
- Sprinkle on topping.
- Bake about 1 hour or until top is a light golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar over top before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION