I found this recipe somewhere (100 years ago) and it has been a success at all family and neighborhood gatherings. Some nibble it with tortilla chips, and others just grab a bowl and spoon. This is best made a day ahead to allow flavors to blend
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 hot Italian sausage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, liquid included
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips
- Fry ground beef and sausage until done, Drain fat except 1 tbs.
- Add onion, tomato, green pepper and garlic and saute until onion is golden. Transfer to pot, add beans, olives, raisins and spices.
- Cover and simmer low about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.