Picadillo Soup (Abalos Style)
photo by Leslie B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional)
- 1 -2 cup vegetables, chopped (spinach, mushrooms, carrots, bok choy, celery, and or or chayote) (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until onions are tender.
- Add ground beef and cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in water, potatoes, buillion (optional), fish sauce (optional), vegetables (optional), salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until vegetables and potatoes are tender. Serve Hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!