- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple or 1 cup canned pineapple
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic until the onion is tender and the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Drain off all fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the green and red bell peppers.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Add green and red bell peppers and heat through.
- Serve with rice and bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!