Phyllo Tart With Gouda and Prosciutto
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, defrosted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted,plus
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup leek, diced (optional)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- FOR TART SHELL Butter a 10 inch pie plate and each phyllo sheet.
- Place one sheet in pie dish with edges overlapping the plate.
- Place additional layers on top, fanning out into a full circle.
- Bring up the edges and"crinkle.
- "Cover dish with foil and secure with either dry beans or pie weights Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Then remove the weight and the foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- FOR FILLING Saute onions and leeks in butter over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add prosciutto and season with nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
- Cook for about one minute more.
- Remove from heat and let stand.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with additional nutmeg, cream, and half and half.
- In tart shell, spread onion and spinach mixture, sprinkle with cheese, then pour egg mixture over it all.
- Cover loosely with foil and back one hour at 350.
- Allow to cook for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graduate student studying agricultural economics, originally from Georgia. (Go dawgs!) I try to eat very healthy, most often low-carb. But, I do love sweets sometimes. I like to bake for others so much- so I do it all the time and have become known for just stopping by with casseroles, brownies etc..