Phony Macaroni and Cheese
photo by ahappysoul
- Ready In:
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash onion
- 1 dash garlic
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne
- *Make sure you use the firmest tofu available for this recipe. You may also want to be generous with the spices and use some extra sharp cheese to liven up the normally bland flavor of tofu.
- Drain tofu well, making sure to squeeze out all extra moisture, and slice into small pieces (use a French fry cutter or equivalent for consistent sizes).
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, cream and cheese.
- Stir tofu pieces into mixture and add seasonings as desired.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish or greased pie plate and bake at 375 for 30 – 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!