Peter's Pork Belly
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 kg pork belly, pieces skin-removed (ask your butcher to do this as it is quite tough and requires a very sharp knife)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper (dry fried and ground in a pestle and mortar)
- steamed rice
- 2 spring onions (sliced finely)
- lemon wedge
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the oil, soy, mustard and pepper and whisk vigorously. Add the pork and allow to marinade for at least 24 hours (trust me, it's worth it), turning occasionally, ensuring that the marinade has not settled.
- After the 24 hours has passed you may then begin to cook. To do this you can either cook the pork in the oven or on the BBQ, but I prefer using a fry-pan to seal in the juices and then place them in the oven (pre-heated 180 degrees Celsius) for about 1 hour. This will render the pork melt in the mouth.
- To serve, simply slice the pork into bite sized pieces and place on top of a bed of rice, garnish with the spring onion and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i live in sydney and i simply love to bake - i'll need another lifetime at the very least to cook all the things i want to...sigh...i am trying to wade through all the recipes i have earmarked. i do like taking on the challenge of trying to find recipes which are kind to allergy sufferers and try to make things which will not make them stand out in the crowd.