Peter Pumpkin Eater's Stuffed Pumpkin Soup
photo by Whisper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Cut a fairly wide lid in the top of the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds and fibers but save the seeds to roast later.
- Brush a little cooking oil inside on the pumpkin flesh.
- Set it on an oven-proof serving dish.
- Lay alternate layers of croutons and grated cheese inside the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle the final layer with salt and pepper and fill with chicken stock, not quite to the top.
- Close the 'tureen' with the pumpkin lid as tightly as possible.
- Place in a 375 degree oven and cook for 1 hour, or until the pulp is tender when tested with a fork.
- Just before serving, stir in the table cream.
- Serve the soup with scoops of cooked pumpkin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live near Rochester NY with my husband and our 18-year-old cat, Fluffy. It's actually Fluffy's house, but he allows us to live here as long as we pamper him and feed him generously. Our daughter, Kree, whom some of you know from Zaar, is also living with us again while she begins a new business venture in real estate. She's the one who got me hooked on Zaar and taught me to try new recipes rather than stay in the cooking rut I was in. In my free time I like to take long rides or sit by the water, both of which I find very relaxing. I also like to do counted cross-stitch and read. I dabble in photography, always looking for that elusive 'perfect' shot. I did more cooking before I started working full-time, and plan to again when I retire (still years away, but dreaming).