Pesto Stuffed Chicken Thighs
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce (basil sauce, recipe at end)
- 8 chicken thighs, boned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- fresh basil leaf (a good handful)
- 1⁄4 pint white wine
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons basil leaves (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ounces chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- Spread a little pesto under the skin of each chicken thigh.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a heavy based saucepan and sauté chicken in batches until lightly browned all over.
- Remove with slotted spoon and reserve whilst sautéing the remainder.
- Heat remaining oil in pan add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Add basil leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Season to taste.
- Lay peppers in a large ovenproof dish,pour over tomato sauce, top with chicken and sprinkle paprika over.
- Bake at 375°F/190°C for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with some more basil leaves.
- Pesto Sauce: Liquidise all ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I,m a Mum of 3 (26,22,and 19)They keep me on my toes so to speak!!!!!! and rapidly heading for Hair dye. I live in Sunny South Africa but I,m of Welsh(uk)decent! I use to be(before the joys of Motherhood and domestic bliss Ha HA!) a nurse specialising in Oncology(Cancer nursing).Now I,m a stay at home Mum(although I,m a part-time secretary for DH,s small business.) I,ve lots I want to do in the pipeline now the children are getting older!I love to cook,its one of my passions,besides cooking I love to Read and enjoy anything from Medical thrillers,historical epics! to a good old mystery the more complex the better! On my to do list is learning to quilt,knit fair isle and bottle preserves properly! I live at the Coast and have done so for the last 5 years,its certainly a slower pace of life here than when we lived in the city. There is something very restful about living so close to the Sea even the storms are spectacular to watch.One of My wishes is to spend a weekend in a Light house,preferably in rough weather! I,m also *Mum* to 4 dogs(all girls!)Millie the boxer,Jessie the cross border collie who is slightly mad to say the least!and my 2 little Jack Russells Molly and Mandy who have me running about all over the place I wish I had their energy!I,de bottle it and make a fortune!