Pesto and Tortellini Soup
Based on a recipe from Grandma's Italian Kitchen cookbook. If you love pesto, you'll like this soup!
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and slivered
- 3⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 3 -4 cups fresh spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 -2 tablespoon pesto sauce or 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, boil broth over high heat in covered Dutch oven.
- Add cooked tortellini, peppers and peas; return broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach and pesto.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yes, this is a must if you are a pesto-lover! This goes together surprisingly quickly. The flavors go together perfectly; I used 1T pesto and it was very prominent throughout. I did add another cup and a half of water to spread it a little bit further. Didn't use any cheese. Would definitely make again!Reply