Pescado Borracho (Drunken Fish)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- Dip fish in flour to coat. In large skillet, brown fish in 2 Tbsp oil.
- In 2-qt. oblong baking dish, place browned fish; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of oil and onion to skillet; saute onion about 5 minutesor until soft. Add remaining ingredients, except wine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; add wine and blend well.
- Pour tomato mixture over fish. Bake, uncovered, in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Presentation: Serve each fillet wih sauce; garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recently converted pescetarian after watching the movie 'Fast Food Nation.' That's not entirely true, I will eat meat but only if it comes from my boyfriend's cattle farm, someone shoots it during hunting season or it's a pig that's been thrown on the smoker at a pig roast. I know how it was processed so I'm not afraid to eat it. I am also a bartender at a fine dining restaurant in Duncannon, PA - Micheal's Cafe. It's the best food by far that you will get in the area. I am a proud mom of an 8-year-old son that is the apple of my eye. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">