- Ready In:
- 250 g wheat flour
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- sliced almonds
- Heat oil in a frying pan .
- Add flour, reduce heat and stir frequently until becomes golden.
- In another pot,add the sugar to one glass of water and bring to a boil.
- Add saffron and rosewater and stir.
- Let flour cool slightly, then add the mix and stir well. If the mix is not thick, heat for 1-2 minutes but not longer.
- Serve with pistachio and almond sprinkled on top.
Join The Conversation
Yummy. An easy sweet to have with tea. I used brown rice flour to be gluten free and estimated the gram amounts. I think I used more flour than called for. Next time I will pound my Iranian saffron or at least some of it (Iranian saffron is the best but can be used in a smaller amount than called for here as it is more potent than Spanish) I used canola oil (it seemed like a lot of oil to flour), Iranian rose water, also the best in quality, plus the rest of the ingredients. If you don't know how the result should look search Persian halva on Google photos. I will make this for DH insha Allah.