Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls
photo by Shastababy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup warm water (105 F to 115 F)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- butter, melted (optional)
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix (some flour may not be needed). Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan. Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 24 equal-sized pieces. You can also pat it out flat and cut into squares (even easier!)
- Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place balls in even rows in the prepared pan.
- Cover and let dough balls rise until doubled in volume, about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15–20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been cooking forever, my dad and gramma taught me as soon as I could hold a spoon.