Perfect Winter Salad
From Taste of Home.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 (5 ounce) packages mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; whisk in oil. Chill until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, apples, cherries, pecans and onion. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was our official salad for the Thanksgiving feast and it was enjoyed by everyone! I used regular mayo (not reduced fat), good quality maple syrup and omitted the 2 tsp. sugar. We like butter lettuce because it holds up well to heavier dressings, fresh Granny Smith apple from my bro's yard, dried *tart* cherries. Yum! Thank you for posting the recipe! 5 stars as made.