Perfect Roast Chicken
There are hundreds of ways to roast a chicken. This one gave a nice simple and juicy flavor that my family loved. It was declared a "don't lose this recipe mom." I used a Hawaiian salt on the chicken but any coarse salt would work. The Hawaiian salt just adds a bit of a different flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lemon, cut in slices
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 2-inch long cut in slices
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 lbs whole chickens
- coarse salt
- pepper, fresh ground
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and dry chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper inside the cavity as much as you like.
- Place the lemon and ginger slices and garlic cloves inside the cavity.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan and rub on some olive oil.
- Season the outside with more salt and pepper.
- Roast 15 minutes then decrease heat to 375 degrees.
- Roast an additional 65 minutes. Do not open the door during this process.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.