Perfect Prime Rib Roast
photo by Riverside Len
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- 1 (5 lb) choice cut prime rib roast
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- pepper, generous amount
- additional seasoning, as preferred
- Let roast come to room temperature, rub roast with seasonings.
- Place roast, bone side down, in shallow roasting pan, but do not cover.
- Add a small amount of water to pan.
- Insert meat thermometer, not touching any bone.
- Sear roast at 500°F for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- Turn temperature down to 350°F.
- Cook approximately 20 minutes per pound.
- Medium 150-160°F.
- Well 170-180°F.
- Allow roast to sit for 15 minutes after removing from the oven, then slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Trying out new dishes is one of my favorite ways to cook. Finding a keeper is a bonus! My sister in law(PanNan) is a pro on this site. After enjoying many great meals over the years, I understand why. Whenever I want to try something new or need to find a tried and true recipe, this is the site I go to.</p>