Perfect Omelette for One
photo by CraZee
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small mixing bowl, break both eggs, add cold water, salt and pepper and using a fork or a whisk, mix until well blended.
- Preheat an 8 or 10 inch frying pan on medium-high heat. It is preferable to use a non-stick frying pan or skillet.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Rotate pan and let the butter coat the edges.
- Pour the egg mixture into the center of the pan and immediately start to rotate the pan in a circular motion, keeping the pan on the element at all times.
- During rotating, take a spatula and loosen the egg on the sides of the pan if nececessary and continue to rotate the pan until the eggs are cooked. You may need to loosen the sides a couple of times during cooking; takes about 2 minutes. The omelette should be loose and rotate in the pan. Do not overcook the omelette as it will get rubbery.
- Once the omelette is cooked, take the spatula and turn 1/3 of the omelette over towards the center of the pan. Slide the omelette onto a platter so that it folds again.
- You may wish to use your choice of filling. Just before you fold the last 1/3 over, add some filling and then fold the omelette over.
- Do not let the omelette brown. It should be thin and soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.