photo by Kim127
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 3⁄4 ounce triple sec
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 ounce fresh-squeezed mexican lime juice or 1/2-3/4 ounce key lime juice, to taste
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 ounce bottled sweetened lime juice, to taste (I used Rose's)
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1 lime wedge (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with lime juice; dip into coarse salt or hold inverted& sprinkle coarse salt over the outside of the rim.
- Place cubes in a cocktail shaker and add the rest of the ingredients (use equal amounts of fresh lime juice and sweetened lime juice).
- Shake briskly.
- Pour into glass, garnishing with a lime slice or wedge (if desired) and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is FABULOUS! The perfect balance of lime, sweetness and tartness. In preparation for a Cinco de Mayo party, my husband actually made 3 other recipes and we did a side-by-side taste-test of the four Margarita recipes, including the Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide recipe. We were in complete agreement - Sue L's recipe for a Margarita is the one that's perfect! Thanks!
As Sandra Lee would say, "It's cocktail time." This really hit the spot tonight and I was feeling lazy and did not want to get my blender out. Then I read on and guess what? No blender!! WHOO HOO!!! Nice and limy but not to much pucker power. Made for the *Recipe Swap 17 game* 2008 in the Aussie/NZ forum. Our group is *Erica* Group 8
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com