Perfect Leg of Lamb With Roasted Golden Potatoes
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 6 -7 lbs semi boneless leg of lamb
- 1 head garlic, cleaned
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 8 -10 golden potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Scrub and halve the potatoes; set aside. Clean the garlic. Cut 4 to 5 cloves in half and roughly chop the rest.
- With a sharp knife, trim all fat from the leg of lamb. Wash with lemon juice and place in large roasting pan.
- Make scores, about 1/4″ deep, over entire top of lamb.
- Insert halved garlic cloves with a sharp knife at various intervals into leg. Spread chopped garlic over top of lamb and season with oregano, rosemary and pepper.
- Arrange halved potatoes around lamb, cut side up.
- Roast at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes to sear. Lower heat to 325 degrees and roast for an additional 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees for medium. Turn potatoes halfway through roasting time.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner